We’re Hiring: Research Assistant Position
August 26th, 2014
Nash Information Services, LLC, the owner of The Numbers and OpusData has an open position for Research Assistant. If you’re interested, and you’re a good fit for the job description below, please send your resumé to email@example.com. The interview process will start the week of September 2.
Nash Information Services, LLC is seeking a Research Assistant to work on client research projects and help maintain and extend our database of movie financial information.
- Research for client projects, including database queries, online searches for information (such as movie release dates, budgets etc.), and compiling data into spreadsheets and PDF reports.
- Client support—helping clients with research enquiries and answering questions about our services and reports.
- Work with our data team to maintain and extend our core database, including scheduling work for our contracted data entry specialists.
- Working with our development and editorial team on The Numbers and Nash Information Services web sites. Duties may include copy-editing, help with writing content, involvement in design and site functionality decisions.
Hours and Location
- Initially, this will be a 40 hours/week contract position for one month on a trial basis. After one month, subject to meeting targets and by mutual agreement, it will become a full-time position.
- This is a work-from-home position. The applicant must be able to work from home in a space with minimal background noise—suitable for phonecalls with clients and other team members.
- Core hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday, in a time zone between EST (US East Cost time) and PST (US Pacific time). Pacific Time is preferred.
- The full-time job is an exempt position. Employee will receive generous healthcare and retirement benefits. Position is not eligible for over-time pay.
- After the one-month trial, a computer will be provided and internet access paid for.
General Skills Required
- Ability to work remotely with little in-person supervision.
- Excellent written and in-person communication skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
Technical Skills Required
- Basic statistical analysis skills
- Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office and/or OpenOffice
Technical Skills Preferred
- iWork Pages
- SQL and database management experience
- Statistical analysis (including R, or equivalent statistical tools)
- Basic programming skills
- Web site tools: ssh, ftp etc.
- Experience with image and video tools
Please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews start the week of September 2.
Filed under: Analysis