Melancholy on the Per Theater Chart
February 4th, 2009
There was only one film with a per theater average of more than $10,000 this week, and that film was Medicine for Melancholy, which opened with $12,625 in its lone theater.
The next best new release was Serbis, which opened with $12,824 in two theaters for an average of $6,412. The Class was right behind with an average of $6,208, while Lucky By Chance struggled somewhat with an average of $3,806.
This past week also saw milestones reached for a few Per Theater Chart alumni:
- Che - The Argentine reached $1 million over the weekend, but that is likely as far as it will go.
- Last Chance Harvey hit $10 million just before the weekend and has a shot at $15 million in total.
- The Reader also hit $10 million just before the weekend; however, it should have no trouble reaching $15 million.
- The same can be said of The Wrestler.
- Revolutionary Road managed to make it to $15 million over the weekend, and it is about two weeks away from $20 million.
- Slumdog Millionaire reached $60 million over the weekned, and at the end of the weekend was just behind Role Models on the chart of biggest hits from 2008.
Filed under: Entre les murs, Che, El Ar the Argentine, Last Chance Harvey, The Reader, The Wrestler, Revolutionary Road, Slumdog Millionaire