Aviator Soars Above the Rest
January 17th, 2005
The Golden Globe were handed out tonight with no one film really dominating the night. The Aviator led the night with three awards with a few others films taking home two apiece.
And the winners are:
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama
Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Best Director - Motion Picture
Best Screenplay - Motion Picture
Best Foreign Language Film
Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Best Original Song - Motion Picture
Motion Picture - Drama
Some initial reactions to the awards:
- Old Habits Die Hard from Alfie
- Oscar nominations are just over a week away, but the Golden Globes didn’t do a lot to help clarify the situation. No film one more than 3 awards and four films took home multiple statues making this one of the closer contests in recent years.
- The Aviator won half the awards it was up for and with just three Golden Globes was the most decorated film of the night.
- Paul Giamatti is cursed, but at least Sideways took home two awards.
- Million Dollar Baby also earned two Golden Globes including best director for Clint Eastwood.
- The final double award winner was Closer, which won both Best Supporting Roles awards with Natalie Portman and Clive Owen taking home the hardware.
Submitted by: C.S.Strowbridge
Source: Hollywood Foreign Press Association
Filed under: The Aviator
, Million Dollar Baby
, Being Julia
, Mar adentro