International Details - That's Amore!
February 4th, 2008
The Italian movie, Scusa Ma Ti Chiamo Amore, opened in first place in Italy with $7.55 million on 491 screens, which was more than double its nearest competition.
Juno slipped out of the top 30 internationally, but it still added $1.59 million on 206 screens in 3 markets for a total of $4.26 million after just two weeks.
- American Gangster crossed the $100 million mark after pulling in $7.26 million on 1795 screens in 43 markets for a total of $103.97 million. The film had no major openings this week, but did place fourth in Brazil with $736,000 on 182 screens and third in Poland with $440,000 on 65 screens. Meanwhile in Italy, it added $3.02 million on 453 screens for a total of $9.17 million after two weeks.
- Alvin And The Chipmunks also crossed the $100 million market this past weekend with $7.02 million on 3352 screens in 29 markets for a total of $106.09 million. The film still has a few markets left to open in and there's little chance of hitting any major milestone from now on.
- P.S. I Love You fell to ninth place with $6.18 million on 1343 screens in 14 markets for a total of $41.16 million, which is coming close to its domestic total and the film has yet to open in most major markets.
- Alien vs. Predator: Requiem fell from second to tenth with $5.72 million on 2965 screens in 33 markets for a total of $79.10 million. The film bombed in Italy placing 8th with $715,000 on 190 screens, while it earned $1.89 million on 402 screens during its second weekend in U.K. for a total of $7.38 million in total.
- The Bucket List opened internationally this week earning 11th place with $4.95 million on 1030 screens in 7 markets. The film opened in a trio of major markets, but was not welcomed warmly scoring fifth place in Germany with $1.86 million on 362 screens, while it placed sixth place in Italy with $1.08 million on 243 screens. It did better in Mexico places third with $871,000 on 250 screens.
- No Country For Old Men nearly doubled its $4.72 million on 676 screens in 6 markets for a total of $11.36 million after two weeks. The film opened in third place in France with $2.27 million on 356 screens, while in the U.K. it added $1.64 million on 164 screens for a total of $5.46 million after two.
- Enchanted is hanging strong with a weekend haul of $4.33 million on 3105 screens on 41 screens for a total of $168.10 million. At this point the film is just coasting on holdovers, and will till it opens in Japan next month, but before it does, it should cross $300 million worldwide.
- Mortadelo Y Filemon. Mision: Salvar La Tierra opened in first place in Spain and 14th overall with $4.19 million on 484 screens in its native market.
- Atonement opened in a trio of smaller markets including Greece where it opened in first place with $618,000 on 45 screens. Overall it managed $3.88 million on 1106 screens in 30 markets for a total of $55.44 million.
- Charlie Wilson's War fell to 16th place this past week with $3.70 million on 1071 screens in 16 markets for a still early total of $15.38 million. The film opened in Australia but couldn't find an audience landing in 8th place with $696,000 on 126 screens.
- Rambo got its start on the international charts with $3.63 million on 694 screens in 10 markets. Its biggest single market was Russia where it debuted in third place with $1.58 million on 417 screens.
- Women's Team Handball was down just 4% to $3.61 million on 437 screens over the weekend and $17.29 million after three. This was enough for first place in South Korea and 16th internationally.
- A Widow at Last slipped to second place France and 19th overall with $3.45 million on 551 screens in 3 markets for a total of $8.87 million.
- Bee Movie grabbed the final spot in the top 20 with $3.40 million on 2742 screens in 41 markets fro a total of $152.69 million. The film opened in its final market, Japan, but only managed sixth place with $756,000 on 240 screens.
- Keinohrhasen fell 10 spots to 21st with $3.36 million on 709 screens in 3 markets for a total of $41.25 million. This includes Germany where it added $3.09 million on 625 screens for a total of $37.44 million.
- The Kite Runner rose 4% this week to $3.20 million on 624 screens in 12 markets for a total of $13.55 million after a month of mostly limited releases. It was down just 15% during its second weekend in Germany as it added $572,000 on 108 screens for a total of $1.48 million.
- Into The Wild grew more than 40% last weekend to $2.92 million on 547 screens in 8 markets for a total of $11.87 million so far. It did very well in Italy landing in fifth place with $1.09 million on 176 screens, but it missed the top ten in Spain with $252,000 on 81 screens.
- The Oxford Murders was pushed into second place in Spain, but was down just 22% with $2.54 million in 271 screens for a total of $6.58 million.
- His Dark Material: The Golden Compass had the worst week-to-week performance down 50% and 16 places to $2.34 million on 2322 screens in 42 markets for a total of $256.66 million. This is an impressive total compared to its domestic total, but weak compared to its production budget.
- Flowers In The Shadow debuted in second place in Japan and 26th overall with $2.28 million on 312 screens.
- 27 Dresses added $2.00 million on 317 screens in 4 markets for a total of $10.69 million.
- The Orphanage opened in second place in Mexico with $1.66 million on 258 screens over the weekend and $1.98 million in total. Overall it placed 28th place with $1.97 million on 424 screens in 6 markets for a total of $40.98 million.
- Earth a.k.a. Planet Earth, earned $1.95 million on 328 screens in 3 markets for a total of $28.83 million. Of this week's total, $1.87 million on 275 screens in Japan for a total of $12.77 million in total.
- Sunday opened worldwide taking in $1.73 million on 455 screens in 15 markets, however, this poor compared other recent Indian films.
Filed under: International Box Office
, Alvin and the Chipmunks
, Bee Movie
, The Bucket List
, No Country for Old Men
, The Golden Compass
, Charlie Wilson's War
, P.S. I Love You
, Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
, Into the Wild
, The Kite Runner
, El orfanato
, American Gangster
, 27 Dresses