Awards Season: PGAs Build Consensus
January 4th, 2012
The nominees for this year's Producers Guild of America were announced and there were not a lot of surprises. For instance, nine of the ten nominees for Theatrical Motion Pictures also earned Golden Globe Nominations for either Best Drama or Best Musical / Comedy. Four of the five Animated films also did the same. It does make the Awards Season picture a lot clearer going forward, but it makes coming up with something to say much harder.
The categories and nominations are...
THEATRICAL MOTION PICTURE
- The Artist
- The Descendants
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- The Help
- The Ides of March
- Midnight in Paris
- War Horse
- Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest
- Bill Cunningham New York
- Project Nim
- The Union
- There's not much to say, as there are not a lot of surprises.
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is finally getting more attention during Awards Season. Meanwhile, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy continues to be ignored.
- I'm officially annoyed Winnie the Pooh isn't getting more Awards Season love.
- Finally, the Best Documentary category is way too close to call.
Filed under: Awards Season, The Artist, Bridesmaids, The Descendants, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Help, Hugo, The Ides of March, Midnight in Paris, Moneyball, War Horse, The Adventures of Tintin, Cars 2, Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss in Boots, Rango, Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travels of a Tribe Called Quest, Bill Cunningham New York, Project Nim, Senna