Per Theater Chart is Made
January 24th, 2007
Just the one film in the $10,000 Club this weekend, but it was a real stand up movie, if you know what I mean. The re-release of Mafioso took in nearly $30,000 in 2 theatres for an average of $14,983.
Well back was The Italian and Alone with here, which earned a virtual tie with $5,823 and $5,555 respectively.
This past week also saw milestones reached for a few Per Theatre Charts alumni:
- Thr3e didn't show any of the usual legs for films aimed Christian audience, falling 90% this week, but it was still able to top $1 million over the weekend.
- Guru, on the other hand, had a very strong hold for a niche market film.
It reached $1 million late last week and is already halfway to $2 million.
- Letters from Iwo Jima hit $1 million midweek and reached $2 million after expanding over the weekend.
However, its per theater average took a massive hit and further expansion of its theater count seems unlikely.
On the other hand, with four Oscar nods today, it could do very well this weekend.
- The Painted Veil slowed down this weekend but had little difficulty surpassing $3 million over the weekend while $4 million will fall by tomorrow.
- The Last King of Scotland was propelled by the Golden Globes, earning more than $1 million over the weekend and reaching $5 million in total.
- Notes on a Scandal also topped $5 million and with four Oscar nominations it is far from done.
- Curse of the Golden Flower was the third film to hit $5 million over the weekend, but that's likely the last major milestone this film hits, even if it wins for its lone Oscar nomination.
- Pan's Labyrinth made it to $5 million midweek and nearly doubled its haul during the weekend.
At this rate the film could expand enough to graduate from this list.
- The Queen hit another milestone this weekend, topping $35 million at the box office.
That's just above Deck the Halls and just below The Sentinel on the yearly chart.
Filed under: The Queen
, El Laberinto del Fauno
, The Last King of Scotland
, Notes on a Scandal
, Letters from Iwo Jima
, The Painted Veil
, Man cheng jin dai huang jin jia
, Alone with Her